COVID-19: Information for Businesses
COVID-19 Updates and Information:
The City of Pasadena declared a Local State of Emergency on March 16, 2020. For current information, please visit:
- City of Pasadena Safer At Home Order
- City of Pasadena Department of Public Health
- City of Pasadena News Releases
- Guidance and FAQs City of Pasadena Information for Businesses
- LA County Updates and Guidelines
- State of California Updates and Guidelines
- COVID-19 Regional Grant Program and Application
State of California Small Business Relief Grant Program – Accepting Applications Now + Deadline Extended…
The State of California recently launched a new COVID-19 Small Business Relief Grant Program. Applications for the first round of the program will now be accepted thru Wednesday, January 13. Small business and non-profits can apply for micro grants up to $25,000. Given the potential for high volume, submit your application and completed application during lower peak demand times (after-hours, except midnight- 4 am). The program is not set-up as first come, first serve, so applications can be submitted at any time before 11:59 pm on January 13th. For more information, visit www.careliefgrant.com.
Online Application Portal for City of Pasadena Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program Opens Monday, January 25
The City of Pasadena and Pasadena Community Foundation (PCF) announce the Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program to assist small businesses in Pasadena impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The program provides approximately 50 reimbursable grants of $7,500 each to qualifying small businesses. Source of funds for the program are provided by the City’s annual Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) allocation.
PCF was chosen by the City to review and select applicants and subsequently disburse grant funds. The online application portal opens Monday, Jan. 25.
Revised Public Health Protocols on City of Pasadena’s COVID Business Webpage (December 16):
Last week, the Pasadena Department of Public Health issued revised protocols for certain industries impacted by the Governor’s revised State Public Health Order. The revised public health protocols are consistent with the new Regional Stay at Home Order issued by the State. In most instances, the update appears on the cover page of each protocol document. The following industry protocols were updated last week:
- Restaurants & Breweries
- Personal Care Services
- Office Workspaces
- Hair Salons
- Hotels, Lodging & Short Term Rentals
- Museums & Galleries
City of Pasadena Grant Dollars (October 2020):
The City of Pasadena has limited grant dollars available to support the sidewalk dining program.
- Limited dollars available and program will end when dollars run out
- The recipient must have an approved sidewalk dining permit
- The reimbursement grant cannot exceed $1,000 and must be used to dining support sidewalk dining (tables, chairs, umbrellas/tents, etc.)
- Email the city at: Covid19BusinessInq@cityofpasadena.net for questions or additional information
City of Pasadena Propane Guidelines (October 2020):
For heaters placed inside of tent structures.
- The heater must remain AT LEAST 5 feet away from any combustible materials.
- The heater must remain AT LEAST 5 feet from the ceiling of the tent.
- The heater may not obstruct any exit pathways or other means of egress.
- The operator shall adhere to all manufacturers guidelines for use and operation of the heater.
- The business must make a request to use the heaters using the city portal, and is subject to final approval by the fire department.
- Storage of propane cylinders must be in a secured container/ locker/ cabinet and in an approved location.